Do you also offer an All-inclusive package?
– We can do that. It will include car rental, entry tickets and first tank of fuel. You can simply choose All-inclusive option during booking of the car.
Does the basic price shown on the website include fuel and lap tickets?
– It will include car rental, however lap tickets needs to be bought at the ticket office, near the Nordschleife entrance. Also, you will receive the car fully fueled up, and need to bring it back full.
Can we drive with multiple drivers on 1 car?
– Yes. 2 drivers are included in the normal rental price. However we ask that every driver does minimum 2 laps. For every extra driver we charge 50€ extra. All this can be sorted on the spot.
I could not finish my laps because of track closures, can i get a refund on the remaining laps?
– Track closures is a part of the risk driving the tourist drives. It is out of our control, therefore we don’t give refunds. However you are welcome to finish the remaining laps at any date you like, or get a Gift voucher for the value of the remaining laps.
It is raining, can I cancel my booking?
– When the track is open it is your own choice to drive or not. We can offer you to come on another date without any extra charges. You can simply change the date of your booking.
What additional insurances do Ringfreaks offer?
– Ringfreaks are offering 2 types of additional insurances. Extra insurance and Premium insurance. Extra insurance lowers damage excess of the race car by 50%, it means if the worst happens you will be liable by 50% less for the race car. Premium insurance covers the race car by 50% (same as Extra one) and also covers All Armco damages at the track and Towing services.
Is the additional insurance per car or per person?
– The additional insurance is personal. Meaning, when driving with multiple drivers on 1 car, the extra insurance cost is 149€/249€ per driver. All this can be sorted on the spot.
What is included in the rental price?
– Normal wear and tear of the car, the car hire for the amount of laps booked and the standard insurance excess. Lap tickets and fuel are not included.
Do you offer Taxi laps?
– No. We do NOT offer the possibility of being a passenger in our cars with a professional driver.
When and Where do I pickup the car?
– You can pick up the car at our office in Kelberg, Mayener Strasse 18, roughly one hour before the start of your drive. You also get a safety briefing and a car introduction.
Can I take a passenger?
– Yes, all our cars have a passenger seat. However our cars can not be used to do Taxi laps!
What is the minimum age required to rent one of your cars?
– The minimum age is 23 years old. However we do allow people under 23 with a valid drivers license to drive with one of our instructors.
Do you take a deposit for the damage excess?
– No. We want to have a trust based relationship with all our clients. We trust you with our cars, and we also trust that you can pay for any damage done to the car. Never drive a car when you can not pay for it’s damage excess!
What do I need to bring to drive the Nürburgring?
– What is required is a valid driver’s license. What we ask you to bring is a good mood and a sensible attitude. We provide you with helmets in any size.
Is the trackday entry included in the rental price?
– No. The trackday entry fee can be purchased directly via the organizer. Ask us for more info.
We got banned from the track, can we get another car to continue our laps?
– No. When the track marshals ban you from driving, they have a very good reason for that. When you get banned, you are simply done driving for the day. You lose all laps booked without any refund.
Can I get an instructor on trackdays?
– Sure! On trackdays we offer instructions by the hour, not per lap. The prices are €149 per hour. €399 for half day and €699 for full day.
Nürburgring is a 150,000-capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer old “North loop” track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 metres (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track “The Green Hell”.
When should I arrive when renting a car?
To ensure you are familiar with the car and all the papers are filled in, it is best to come at least an hour before your scheduled time. Please inform us as soon as possible if for any circumstances you are running late or not showing up. Failing to arrive without any notice means cancellation of your reservation.
What if I crash the car on track?
IF YOU HAVE A CRASH ON THE TRACK, DO NOT EVER LEAVE THE PLACE OF INCIDENT – Just park the car safely at the side of the track and wait for the Marshalls to arrive! Call 08000302112 for Nurburgring assistance.
In case of heavy or unfixable damage to our car, you do not need to cover all repair expenses. The maximum repair cost for a given vehicle is shown in car rental description. If the damage is minor, you only need to cover repair costs.
This means that you are liable for all car damages caused on and off the Nurburgring while you rented the car up to this amount. Track charges and recovery costs are not included in the basic insurance coverage.
You are driving a rental BMW E90 325i, you hop on the grass in a slow corner and scrape the railing with the side of the car. You pull over to the edge, dial the emergency number, wait for the Marshalls to arrive and evaluate if you are good to get back on the track or whether you need a recovery truck. You agree with their decision and follow their orders. The Marshalls will escort you to the office, where you will pay for their costs and any damage done to the railing. In a case of small contact this would cost you roughly € 1000. Next you will be charged € 200-300 for the recovery truck. Afterwards you can call us to come pick up the BMW and evaluate the damage and refund you the remaining sum of your deposit. But maximum you will have to cover is € 9000 for this BMW.
Remember, if you were driving your own car or a rental from any standard rental company, you would have to cover all Nürburgring expenses and cover FULL repair costs of the vehicle!
Can I carry passengers during Tourist Drives or Trackday events?
Yes, our cars are equipped with full safety equipment for both driver and passenger.
What happens if the car breaks down?
In case of the vehicle breaking down we will quickly investigate damage. Our AIM data logging system and camera allows us to clearly see what happened. If you are not responsible for the damage, then you will be dismissed from any charges, including towing. If you are responsible for the damage, for example if you switched to 3rd gear instead of 5th and over revved the engine, or by going off track you broke the wheels and/or suspension, then you are obliged to fully cover all repair costs.
Can I use “airport” rental car at the Nürburgring?
The simple answer is no, but that’s not the full picture. Technically, there is little to stop you from taking a rental onto a public session at the Nurburgring, however we’d strongly advise against doing so. Car rental terms and conditions have strict conditions setting out what the car can and cannot be used for and unsurprisingly, racing / time trials or off-road driving is prohibited. You can read more at RhinoCarHire article.
Basic rules of driving at the Nürburgring.
- Yellow flag – Danger spots, overtaking prohibited, pass danger spot at max. speed of 50 km/h.
- Seat belts – Don‘t forget to put on seat belts. The same goes for rear passenger seats.
- Stopping on the track – Absolutely no stopping anywhere on the track.
- Overtaking – No overtaking on the right. Overtaking is only permitted on the left. Violations will be penalized. No dangerous overtaking in corners, or tight places.
- Emergency – Nordschleife emergency number 0800 0302 112.
- Leakages – Ensure that your vehicle is not leaking (coolant, oil, fuel). If you discover a leak, park the car immediately at the side of the track. Warn drivers behind you. Call the Nordschleife emergency number: 0800 0302 112.
- Flashing yellow light – When the amber light is flashing, drivers must be able to stop at any time within their field of vision. Greatly reduce speed.
- Better safe than sorry – always choose appropriate speeds, better go slower than too fast in unfamiliar corners.
Opening times for Tourist Drives
Usually, the track is open for Tourist Drives driving on evenings every working day, and full day on weekends. This Nürburgring track calendar shows all open days, but please notice, that the track can be closed at any point for several hours or even the whole day due to dangerous weather conditions or accidents on the track.